Sunday, June 22, 2008

Slime Mold

I haven't written in my blog for a few months now, so I figured it was time to come back. My first post of the summer is about a disgusting substance I found in my garden.

When we first spotted this yellow crumble, I thought it was either a cupcake or some sort of insulation that a critter dug out from under my deck. We came to find out that it was actually something called "Dog Vomit Slime Mold." Ew.

I guess it shows up in this part of the country after heavy spring rains. It was not there before I went to see the Sex and the City movie, but it looked like this when I got back, so it managed to appear in a three hour period. By the next day it had moved on to the next phase and just looked like spongy dirt. That is when I gave up my little experiment and threw it in the garbage.

No comments: