Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Wish List

Wanting things is one of the joys in my life. I love to want things. So, much to my husband's dismay, I have a constantly revolving wish list. Here are a few of the things that I am drooling over this summer.

Modcloth.com has a perfectly simple Dinosaur Love tee that I would love to wear all over the place. Of course, I love Brontosauruses as much as the next girl.


I love this print called So Very Happy by dazeychic that I found on Etsy. I would hang this in my room to remind me that every day, I should aim to be happier than a bird with a french fry. Sounds like a great goal to me.



I want a vintage camera because I have been looking to start a new hobby. I saw a few photos on Etsy that were taken using TTV style, which involves a digital camera and a vintage camera. It gives photos an elegant vintage look. I would love to snatch this camera (or one like it) off of Ebay and make my own vintage photo masterpieces.



I have been a big David Sedaris fan for a few years now, and I am very excited that he has written this new book, "When You Are Engulfed in Flames." Unfortunately I have not gotten off my butt and to the bookstore to buy it yet.




It is time for a new couch. Our couches are old and blue and now they are on Craigslist. I have been dreaming about a simple brown couch from IKEA since we moved into our duplex six months ago. As soon as our couches are sold, this beauty will have a new home.



Rock star squirrel art. I think that is all that needs to be said. This gem is by Susie Ghahremani and can be found on her website at BoyGirlParty.com. I especially like the little groupie squirrel off to the side.



This Amelia necklace can also be found on ModCloth.com. I think it is a fun, unique piece of jewelry. I don't usually wear necklaces, but I think I would make an exception here.


And of course, my favorite thing on my wish list - a baby chinchilla. I have wanted one for so long and I still have not come to my senses. The only slightly negative thing about these little guys is that they get bigger than this. Of course, I love full grown chinchillas too. I like to imagine that my baby chinchilla would sleep curled up between my neck and my shoulder and that he would go on bike rides with me in my backpack and I could feed him little pieces of fruit. It's fun to dream...

No comments: